WPC Minutes October 2018

Weybourne Parish Council

MINUTES of the Parish Council Meeting held on
Wednesday, 3rd October, 2018, in the Function Room at the Ship. (7.30pm)

Present: Pat Floyd (Chair), Walter Wood, Janice Rose, Peter Gallally, Ruth Gallally,
Lyndon Swift, Penny Taylor, and the Clerk. Also present were three members of the public.

1a. To receive and consider apologies
Apologies were received and accepted from R.Woodhouse and A.Crawford. Apologies were also received from D.Young (NNDC) and S.Butikofer (NCC).

1b. To receive Declarations of Interest on Agenda items
No interests declared on agenda items.

1c. To consider the vacancy for a Parish Clerk.
This matter was dealt with at the end of the agenda when the public were excluded as it was a staffing matter and therefore confidential.
Adverts had been placed on the NALC and NPTS websites. Applications had been received and after discussion it was agreed to interviews being held at the Chair’s house on 11/10/18 with Pat Floyd (Chair), Ruth Gallally, and Walter Wood being given delegated responsibility to appoint a new clerk. The current clerk, having given notice on 5/9/18, would be leaving at the end of November, and hopefully the new clerk would be taking up the position w.e.f. 1/12/18.

2a. To approve the minutes of the meeting held 5/9/18.
The minutes, which had already been circulated, were accepted as a true record.

3a. Public Participation (requests to speak on agenda items)
No requests to speak on agenda items.

3b. To receive reports from County & District Councillors.
*** D.Young (NNDC) sent a brief email which had been circulated to members and stated that (a) the subsoil reported being deposited on land adjacent to the Beach Lane car park was from an AWA treatment plant that was under construction (b) a negative response had been received from NNDC re toilet provision on the car park – see agenda item 14.
*** S.Butikofer (NCC) reported via email on the following :- (a) further savings of £95m had to be found by NCC over the next three years (b) concerns re the closure of childrens centres (c) still pressing the argument re saving mobile libraries (d) the Police & Crime Commisioner’s report re the Fire Service is awaited (e) NCC has launched health checks etc for the middle aged (f) Norfolk is currently receiving above the average number of scam attacks; be aware.

3c. To receive Police Report.
The “Cluster” newsletter continues to be received.

4. Finance:
(a) To approve invoices for payment:-
P.Bullimore £255.50 (clerks salary), HMRC £64.00 (tax on clerks salary)
Weybourne V.Hall £16.00 (hire of hall), P.Bullimore £31.26 (clerks expenses)
E-on £60.34 (electricity), T.T.Jones Elect. £54.49 (mtce; street lights),
Secret Gardens £76.00 (grass cuts), Norse East. Ltd £348.11 (HDPF Mtce)
*** The payments as above, and scheduled on the agenda, plus one other payment, were approved. The other payment was in the sum of £168.37 payable to E.Farrow for repairs/guttering, and new water butt, for the cemetery shed.

5. Planning:
(a) To note information/decisions received from NNDC since last meeting
The following were noted :-
PF/18/0996; Extn & Roof lights; 16, Home Farm Rise – Approved.
PF/18/1058; Conversion into two dwellings; Gasche’s – Approved.
(b) To consider planning applications received since agenda was printed.
None received.
(c) To receive update re Hornsea Windfarm.
No further news.
(d) To receive update re Affordable Housing
No further news.

6. Highways & Footpath matters:
(a) To receive update re the restoration of the pond in Beach Lane
The Norfolk Coast Partnership had asked what financial assistance the PC was prepared to give towards this project. Without having any details of costs members agreed to give £1,000 subject to there being a legal agreement with the landowner regarding public access on the proposed boardwalk
(b) To receive update re the state of the beach
The Clerk read S.Butikofers email dated 1/10/18 and members were concerned that there had been no progress on this matter for two months. The Clerk was instructed to write to S.Butikofer and H.Cox (NNDC portfolio holder) asking for action on this subject which had been outstanding for many months. (raised at annual parish meeting in May, 2018)
(c) To consider road signs in the village
After discussion the Clerk was instructed to write to the NCC Highways Engineer requesting the following :- (a) pedestrian warning signs to be erected east of the cemetery and the red road surface to be refreshed (b) cyclist signs on Station Road, near the railway station, to be lowered and be made more visible.
(d) To receive update re deposits of earth/rubble adjacent to car pk.
An answer to the questions raised had been outlined in D.Youngs report in that it was AWA earth from the treatment plant now under construction. It was intended that these earthworks would join up with the re-sited wooden sea defence barrier.
(e) To consider /note Highways Parish Partnership Scheme – 2019/20.
After the Highways Engineer had stated that there was no way he would consider moving the 30mph signs (see Sept.18 minutes – 6e) it was agreed to request warning signs to make motorists more aware of pedestrians (see 6c above).

7. Meetings & Conferences (to receive reports and announcements)
Meeting re the new Local Plan at NNDC offices (30/10/18 – 6 – 8pm).
Cllrs. PF and LS to attend.

8. Allotments:
(a) To receive report re allotments (RW)
RW had offered his apologies. It was noted that the rubbish had been burnt. As vacancies continued to exist the Clerk was instructed to approach the local school with a view to them taking a plot and using it for educational purposes.

9. Village Hall:
(a) To receive report re Village Hall.
The report had been emailed to members. It referred to bookings, fundraising, grant applications, floor refurbishment, and reviewing policies and procedures.
A letter had been received from the WVHMC asking the PC to deal with a dead tree adjacent to the entrance to the car park. Members instructed the Clerk to make enquiries with the NNDC Tree Officer, and if he recommended that it be felled, to proceed and appoint a contractor a.s.a.p.

10. Cemetery & Churchyard:
(a) To receive update re path through the Churchyard to the east gate.
The Clerk read an email from Father PB stating that a “new path” was only at a preliminary stage and depended on funding. The PCC would not be looking at this before the later part of next year. The Clerk was asked to investigate some tree roots which might be a “trip hazard”.
(b) To receive update re connecting water supply to the cemetery.
Repairs to the shed and its guttering, along with a new larger water butt, would hopefully eliminate any future water shortages. It was agreed to remove this from the agenda.

11. Harry Dawson Playing Field: (a) To receive report re HDPF (PT).
PT reported on another good fund raising bingo session.

12. Weybourne Community Fund: To receive report re WCF (RW)
RW offered his apologies. It was noted that the Country Fayre might be a 2 day event.

13. Governance: To receive update re Data Protection Regulations.
Nothing further to report.

14. To receive update re installations for Deep History Coast
D.Young’s email was read to members and in summary NNDC had been completely negative regarding the provision of toilets. S.Butikofers email referred to NNDC’s concerns re anti-social behaviour and vandalism because of the car parks location.
The Clerk was instructed to write stating that some members were horrified to think that NNDC would gladly take all the increased car park revenue but would ask the parish to fund things such as portaloos or even expect private enterprise to open their facilities to the general public. It was thought that with the hundreds, if not thousands of extra visitors, expected to view the Deep History Coast Trail some sort of provision should be made by NNDC for public toilets.

15. To receive General Correspondence. (not included on agenda)
The following had been received :-
(a) NNDC enquiry re almshouses – none in parish (Clerk to reply)
(b) Scam awareness message from Royal Mail – noted
(c) Volunteer to speak with student from UEA re windfarms (PG)
(d) Leaflet from Nth Norfolk Community Transport.

16. Public Participation (comments/other matters)
It was noted that pads for the defibrillator are required.

17. To confirm date of next meeting – future agenda items
This was confirmed for Wednesday, 7th November, 2018. (7.30pm – V.Hall)
PG and RG offered their apologies for this meeting.

This entry was posted in Minutes 2018. Bookmark the permalink.